Saturday, October 15, 2011

OH BABY!

A month ago, baby Rogers made the doc and Ultrasound Tech think it was a girl. The picture wasn't very clear, but that's what they were leaning towards. So, we announced we were having a girl. I pulled out and sorted thru the girl clothes this last week, but didn't wash them yet. Then I had a doctor's appt yesterday and during the ultrasound the doc asked me if I wanted to know what it was. I told him he kind of already told me what it was. He then said, "It's obvious what this baby is! It's a BOY!"
He printed out 3 pics of the boy parts as if to emphasize it. Lucy was so disappointed when I told her on the phone after the appt that the baby wasn't a girl any more. She loves HIM anyways and was kissing my tummy today. For a month I've been all excited to dress up a little girl. I was relieved to know I wouldn't be having another boy, as the one I have now is incredibly busy. A friend of mine told me that she didn't think it could get any worse, and I agree that I don't think any boy could be busier than what Eli is. I'm glad my little guy will have a brother to play with though. My hubby has a lot of fun with his bros.

3 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I'm glad they got it straightened out before delivery day! And both genders can have very different personalities, so you never know what you'll get!

RPA Agent said...

Your dad told me the story tonight. That's a great story! Hey, look on the bright side, you'll have even numbers. (Cousin Kristin)

*Amy * said...

Thats a fun story. My youngest brother was supposed to be a girl but ended up suprising my parents too:) Your son will be happy to have a brother (and will also get to avoid all the pink and feather boas 3 sisters would inflict upon him:) Happy for you guys.